The recent Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak is continuously developing. Please be assured we are monitoring the situation closely and making preparations to ensure our service will be maintained throughout any disruption.
We are adhering to the latest advice and guidance and expect our contractor employees to do the same.
For the latest official advice and guidance on Covid-19 (Coronavirus), please visit the GOV.UK website.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
- A dry cough
- A high temperature
- Shortness of breath
Currently (as at 16th March 2020) the DHE (Department of Health England) advises:
If you have the symptoms described above you should self-isolate for 7 days.
If you have had close contact with someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19 then you should self-isolate for 14 days following contact with the infected person.
To reduce the risk and spread of Coronavirus you should take care to maintain a high level of hygiene, this includes:
- Washing your hands with soap and water often and especially after visiting the bathroom, coughing or sneezing
- Where you cannot practically wash your hands with soap and water you should use an alcohol based hand sanitiser gel
- Coughing into a tissue or your sleeve instead of your hands
- Dispose of tissues immediately after use i.e. do not keep them in a pocket or up your sleeve unless they are clean
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell, staying at least 2 meters away
- Do not touch your eyes nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If NHS 111, or a doctor, advises you to self-isolate, you will need to complete the Self Certification Form in the Sickness Absence Policy. You can Self Certify for the first 7 days.
SSP is available from day 1 for any Coronavirus related absence. To qualify you must inform us as soon as possible of any such absence, and we will need you to provide an NHS 111 fit note (this provision is due to go live shortly and can be found HERE) or other evidence.