Company Formation – a same day service
It takes Trafalgar approximately 2 hours to register a limited company at Companies House (subject to money laundering checks). Once we have confirmation from Companies House that the company is set up, we email you the Certificate of Incorporation and the Articles of Association.
The limited company should be incorporated before the start date of any contract or business the company is to undertake. If you have any concerns regarding the date of incorporation, please contact us.
In order to set up a limited company for you, we require the following information for Companies House:
- The company name (please supply 2 options)
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your home and mobile telephone numbers
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality
- Your National Insurance number
- Your job description (IT, accounts, marketing, business consultant, etc.)
- The Registered address of the company
Small companies are no longer required to appoint a company secretary but if you wish to appoint one, it can be any person over the age of 18, regardless of whether they are in full time employment. It is not necessary for the person to be a UK citizen or resident but they should be easily contactable in order to sign company documents. In small companies this is normally an unpaid position.
The following information must be provided for the person acting as company secretary:
- Full name
- Home and mobile telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- National Insurance Number
An additional fee is charged for setting up a limited company avoiding the ‘benefit in kind’ tax issue. The company formation charge is £75.00 plus VAT and includes:
- Formation and Registration of company at Companies House
- HMRC registration for VAT and flat rate scheme, if applicable
- HMRC Corporation tax registration
- Registration of PAYE Scheme
Checking if a name is available
The next step in getting yourself setup is opening a business bank account.